20 de março de 2014

W o r d s

"Be you", they say.
But then they tell me to change.
"Be unique", they say.
But then they frown at my differences.
"Don't conform", they say.
But then they mold me to their standards.
"Love yourself", they say.
But then they say I'm arrogant.
"Be kind", they say.
But then they tell me I am fake.
"Relax", they say.
But then they call me lazy.
"Work hard", they say.
But then they say I am uptight.
"Money can't buy happiness", they say.
But then they laugh at me for being poor.
"Weight doesn't matter", they say.
But then they say I am not skinny enough.
"Cherish your youth", they say.
But then they tell me to grow up.
"Slow down", they say.
But then they rush my decisions.
"It's okay to be sad", they say.
But then they tell me other people have it worse.
"Do what you love", they say.
But then they tell me I won't be successful.
"You'll be okay", they say.
But then they leave me to rot.
"Be you", they say.
But I no longer know who that is.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário